The primary focus of Faculty Forum will be to integrate technology to support our Learning for Life Vision Statement:
|TO HELP ALL LEARNERS:||AND TO PROMOTE:|
|* Communicate and collaborate||* Integrated Studies|
|* Problem-find and problem-solve||* Problem-based/Project-based learning|
|* Create and innovate||* 21st Century Learning Environments|
|* Reflect and revise||* Teachers in teams|
|* Serve and lead||* Balanced Assessment|
|* Global Citizenship|
So what do you need to do?
GROW YOUR SKILLS
To be ready for Faculty Forum on Thursday August 11, you’ll need to have the REQUIRED PREREQUISITE SKILLS before you arrive. Many of you already have these skills! Click http://tinyurl.com/3tuqnc3 for more info.
There are LOTS of ways to learn and grow your skills this summer. Choose the ones that work best for you!
- Learn and Earn (RECOMMENDED):
- Attend PAID on campus Summer Training led by Apple Certified Instructors and your own colleagues!
- Click here for Marlene G’s awesome sign-up sheet: http://tinyurl.com/6cx55q8
- New training offerings will be updated weekly.
- Watch short tutorial videos or read short online manuals http://tinyurl.com/3tuqnc3
- Contact our I.T department in person or at 404-609-6477
- Talk to a live Apple support rep at 800-APL-CARE(275-2273) or go to the Express Lane at https://expresslane.apple.com/ GetproductgroupList.do
You will need your computer’s SERIAL NUMBER. Easy! Just click on the Apple icon in the upper left of your Mac, click “About This Mac”, and click “More info”.
- Visit a live person at the Apple Genius Bar http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
- Seek out other Apple users, including your colleagues
- Check out the Westminster New User Page at https://wmsnewmacs.wordpress.com/ (currently, your Mac’s Home Page). Adrian Dingle just posted a pretty darned interesting piece on using Twitter.
Here’s to learning!