If it looks like someone has hacked your GoogleDocs account recently, inserting dozens of files in your “Home” screen, there’s an easy remedy.
Your Grade Chairs have recently shared documents with you for each child in the Junior High. Actually, they shared a “Collection” with you and are now saving student files to that collection. As a result, they may appear in your “Home” screen. That is, until you decide that you don’t want them in your “Home” screen.
- Put a check mark in the box of the first file you want to remove from your “Home” screen. (Simply click in the box to the left of the file name.
- If there are multiple files below that one, hold down the SHIFT key and press the down arrow. This will allow you to select multiple files.
- When you are done selecting files, right click on these files, opening up an options menu.
- Select “Don’t show in home.”
- Files will then disappear from your “Home” screen. You can always access them by opening the “Collection” that the Grade Chair shared with you.